For abuse experienced in Day School, Foster Care or other government-related settings
Individuals can apply anytime for compensation if they suffered sexual abuse or serious physical abuse. Survivors should contact a lawyer to find out whether they can make a claim.
Who would qualify
- Abuser can be named
- Abuse had a major impact on the survivor
- In the case of foster care, is there evidence that CAS knew, or should have known, that the abuse was taking place and did not prevent it?
- Inn the case of other types of abuse there is a government organization or agency that could be found responsible?
Finding a Lawyer
- Each lawyer decides whether she or he can take a particular case
- Lawyers pay all of the costs prior to trial. This can be thousands of dollars, in some cases.
- Clients only pay legal fees if the case succeeds and compensation is awarded.
- May “personal injury” lawyers take these kinds of cases.
For more information:
Elaine Bright, Lawyer
Kaylee Milne, Legal Assistant
Pace Law Firm
136 Main St. S., Kenora ON P9N 1S9
Tel: 807-456 PACE (7223)
Toll Free: 1-877-977-3411