Position: Chief Executive Officer – Treaty 3 Investment Group
Salary: Commensurate with Education & Experience
Closing Date: 4:30 p.m. – August 25, 2017
Location: Kenora, ON
Grand Council Treaty# 3 offers an exceptional opportunity for a results-oriented leader with significant experience to join a dynamic and vibrant advocacy team and to work closely with the Grand Council and First Nation governments. The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for strategic vision, planning, and operational leadership to ensure the Corporation’s investments benefit Treaty #3 First Nation’s. The Chief Executive Officer is accountable for all organizational performance and responsible for managing the business in accordance with the Grand Council Treaty #3 Investment Corporation’s policies and procedures. Reporting to the Board of Directors, shareholders and membership. The Chief Executive Officer is an individual with the vision, energy, and perseverance and shall be responsible for the development, retention, implementation, and administration of these economic operations – locally and regionally. This term position will also include working with associated staff in negotiations with governments and industry as well as reporting to the Treaty 3 Investment Group.
The Grand Council’s Treaty#3’s dedication to excellence is complemented by its profound commitment to building and creating partnership opportunities with its First Nation governments. Individuals from the Anishinaabe Nation in Treaty#3 are encouraged to apply. We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of a criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited College or University. Masters Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field preferred.
- At least ten years experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Proven leadership, management and interpersonal skills to motivate external stakeholders, all levels of staff, and volunteers.
- Proven skills in negotiating with financial institutions and funding sources.
- Working effectively in First Nation communities.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong organizational and consultative skills.
- Proven experience in representing an organization to the media and public, including public speaking and marketing.
- Proven strategic planning and program development skills.
- High level of personal and professional ethics.
- Excellent written, oral communication and listening skills.
- Flexible in order to respond effectively and positively in diverse relationships.
- Creativity, team work, and ability to work with community
- Ability to interpret and prepare business and grant applications
- Familiarity with business and marketing, promotion and development
- Knowledge and proficiency in the Anishinaabe language, traditions and culture a definite asset
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel
Salary will depend on experience, education, and training relating to the position of Chief Executive Officer.
Please submit a resume, references and covering letter to:
P.O Box 1720
Full Job Description at: www.gct3.ca
T3IG Chief Executive Officer Job Description – PDF
T3IG Chief Executive Officer Ad – PDF