Position: Justice Projects Assistant
Category: Full time position
Duration: August 2017 – continued funding
Location: Grand Council Treaty #3, Kenora
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Grand Council Treaty #3 Kaakewaaseya Justice Services, invites applications from Treaty Three Territory for a full time Justice Projects Assistant. The Justice Projects Assistant will provide support to the Justice Director, based out of the Kaakewaaseya Justice office in Kenora Ontario. The Justice Projects Assistant will provide administrative assistance in reporting and relating Justice concerns to appropriate government agencies, including Department Of Justice Canada, Ministry of the Attorney Generals Indigenous Justice Division (IJD), Legal Aid Ontario and future funders through guidance of the Justice Director.
- Schedules and confirms appointments and meetings of justice office staff
- Organize meetings involving governmental senior executives or with members of Grand Council Treaty #3 as requested by Justice Director
- Assists and administers regular and electronic mail for Justice office and provides general details when required, to ensure proper action is taken on all incoming mail if required
- Assist in the planning and organizing of business related presentations for events related to the Justice and Executive office
- Responsible for data entry and administrative duties for the Justice office
- Prepare/edit internal /external correspondence including faxes, memos, emails for the Justice office
- Proofreads correspondence, and related material to Justice office
- Provides suggestions on Justice office administrative procedures, following approval by the Justice/Executive Director
- Arranges requests related to travel, accommodation or as advised by Justice Director for Grand Council Justice staff
- Arranges the travel schedule and itinerary of justice office staff
- Create and maintain Personnel Files, assist in recruitment by arranging interviews and making travel arrangements for candidates.
- Performs any other duties related to the position of justice projects assistant as directed by the Justice/Executive Director
- Minimum of Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma or GED
- Some knowledge of Justice systems in Ontario
- Business Secretarial Certificate and/or records management training an asset
- Minimum 2 years office experience in a busy environment
- Above average computer skills, ability to utilize a variety of computer software
- Data entry experience and an understanding of financial programs
- Knowledge of social and cultural aspects of First Nations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable automobile
LOCATION: Kenora, Ontario
CLOSING DATE: August 18th, 2017 4:30 p.m.
All interested individuals please apply to the following:
Gary Allen, Executive Director
PO Box 1720
Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Please include three employment references.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.