Position Title: Early Years Project Consultant
Location: Grand Council Treaty #3
Closing Date: Open until position is filled
Grand Council Treaty #3 is seeking an individual to engage with Treaty #3 communities to conduct needs assessments, liaise with the Early Years Implementation Branch of the Ministry of Education on behalf of member First Nations, and support the development of proposals for Child and Family Programs.
- Analytical skills are needed to formulate recommendations on feedback and data provided during community engagement sessions and engagement with local partners.
- Effective oral communication skills to explain the purpose of the Child and Family programs and the role of the Early Years Implementation branch, its legislation and supplemental legislation that shapes the services and resources provided to children and their families;
- Effective written communication skills to prepare clear and concise reports on community development recommendations and findings.
- Effective presentation skills to provide information to communities, local partners and liaise with other professionals and government bodies.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Provincial Advocate for Children and Youth Act, Developmental Services Act (DSA), Child and Family Services Act (CFSA), the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) and the Education Act is essential;
- Knowledge of programming for children and of funding policies;
- Knowledge of budgeting processes and the system of services available to children and their families.
- Identify needs and the development of community priorities for proposals;
- Provide a roll up report and present to the Treaty #3 community leaders and organizations;
- Compilation of inventory and data gathering from Treaty 3 area communities;
- Prepare a GCT3 proposal for follow-up phase;
- Prepare a final submission to ministry
Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their covering letter how they meet the qualification requirements of this position.
Send Applications to:
GCT3 Representative Services
PO Box 1720
Kenora, ON P9N 3X7
Fax: (807) 548-5041
The Grand Council Treaty #3’s dedication to excellence is completed by its profound commitment to building and sustaining a self-dependent Nation for Grand Council Treaty #3. Individuals from the Anishinaabe Nation in Treaty #3 are encouraged to apply.
We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.