Position Title: Community Justice Worker (Internal to Treaty #3 Territory)
The Grand Council Treaty #3 Kaakewaaseya Justice Services, invites applications from Treaty #3 Nation for a full time Treaty #3 Community Justice Worker(CJW) for the Rainy River District First Nations. The CJW will provide support one to one services to Rainy River District Community members, assisting Treaty 3 Community Justice staff to coordinate diversion of members who are referred by community, police and courts.
The CJW should have some experience in fields of social work, mental health, law, or related area. Experience and knowledge of First Nation issues and the current legal system is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A genuine interest in seeing community members develop and succeed
- Assertiveness, self-starter, self-motivated
- Computer proficiency
- High degree of professionalism and discretion
- Organized and punctual
- Requires little supervision
- Ability to communicate in Ojibway language an asset
- Valid driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
The CJW is responsible to the Treaty #3 Justice Director, for day-to-day activities, and the GCT#3 Executive Director for overall work performance.
START DATE – Open
If interested, please drop off or fax resume by 4:30 p.m., Posting open till filled to:
Gary Allen, Executive Director
Grand Council Treaty #3
P.O. Box 1720, Kenora, Ontario P9N 3X7
Fax: (807) 548-5041, email@example.com
Competitive salary and benefits. We thank all those who apply. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Submission of criminal record check required prior to offer of employment.